Tuesday, October 27, 2009

spamming you with notsogreat photographs




State College, Pennsylvania.

The leaves were really this red. I did not photoshop these pictures at all, apart from some minor cropping. Aren't they beautiful? Nothing else is quite that color, except maybe sometimes Jell-O, or crayons, or this skein of yarn I saw once that was dyed using some special method I forget the details about, or certain NASA pictures of certain nebulae. And, well, probably some other stuff, too. I still like it.



Some of the light fixtures at my friend Spackle's house. Everybody should have a disco ball in their kitchen.

There's a guy at my college who always, and I do mean always, wears a homemade deerskin tunic and a big deerskin rucksack on his back, with bluejay and hawk feathers stuck in one of its fasteners for decoration. It's strange to see him wearing this with jeans and sneakers, while using one of the computers in the library.

I don't have anything made of deerskin or feathers, but I do have the best purple and silver dress ever to come out of the half-off bin at a used clothing store:


I also have a hideous linoleum floor in my dorm room!

(The weird bunches in the top picture come from the sweater I've got on under the dress, which isn't really a mid-autumn in the mountains sort of dress.)


...Oh! And! I saw Where the Wild Things Are a couple of days ago, right before I came back from my break week. It was gorgeous, gorgeous eye candy, which I expected, and the story was poignant and actually fairly interesting, though a little aimless and slow-moving. I'm not sure whether the average seven-year-old would enjoy the movie (I suspect I might have, but my favorite movie at age seven was an Icelandic retelling of East of the Sun, West of the Moon that was over two and a half hours long and featured one of the least convincing animatronic polar bears ever committed to film as a main character, so clearly I was slightly peculiar), but I think a lot of teenagers and adults who can still remember what it was like to be seven will appreciate it. And the monsters are all actors in suits! Only their faces are computer animated. That's fantastic.

2 comments:

  1. I think they put your legs on wrong

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Rack-a-saurus!!! Those pictures are beautiful! May I snag them and post them on Facebook if I credit you?

    :D

    ReplyDelete